Tuesday, February 23, 2016







 “Strong Roots” 
Image Credit: joiseyshowaa






In order to grow stronger, longer hair, you must first start with strong roots! Going natural for African American women is the best possible start. Just like in nature, too many chemicals can kill the plant! Black women have to look at there hair in the same context as a flourishing tree, it must be handled with care .The tree must have water, sunlight and good soil free of harmful chemicals in order to grow to its full potential.
 To start this process we have to understand that the chemicals in perms are no good for us or our hair. They contain carcinogens that aren't good for anyone and certainly not good for our hair. Just look at the bloom on the tree above and think of it as our hair in its natural, healthy state. Beautiful, growing, living hair! Our crown and glory!! Lets treat it as such.
 I connect the image of a beautiful tree to nature and the natural state of my hair growing up and out to the heavens, free from all harmful chemicals, and It makes me proud of who I am and what I am. As strong as my roots, I plan to grow everyday like my hair, like the beauty in nature the almighty created because, " HE DON'T MAKE NO JUNK"!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment